Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Paper Topic

1. My topic is the phenomenon that tragedies(assassinations, accidents, deaths) cause. The phenomenon that occurs when tragedies happen is people feel a sudden need to show their sympathy and compassion for people they never personally knew by giving flowers or leaving notes and candles in memory of people. I will be looking at the phenomenons that occurred after the tragic deaths of Princess Diana, John F. Kennedy, Benazir Bhutto, Eva Peron(Evita), Mahatma Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr.
2. I will be researching what happens after the tragedies, what memorials are created, by who and where. I will be looking at what causes the international out poor of sympathy when tragedies occur. I will also research the media's relation to the obsession that the public has when tragic events occur.
3. The research will reveal what happens after tragedies so I can clearly compare what happens in certain situations in the media and the public. In the case of a suspicious sudden death such as Princess Diana to Evita who died of cancer. And the assassination of J.F.K. , Benazir Bhutto, Martin Luther King Jr. and Mohandas Karmachand Gandhi. The research will help me to display what obsessions is caused by the media in tragedies and what is different in particular tragedies.