Tuesday, April 29, 2008

COLTON HELLER- NEW TOPIC

1) My topic for research will be the illusion against reality, what’s apparently true, set against the romanticizing of mob culture. This will research Italian mob personalities and to see whether they in fact lived romanticized lives or not. The rise of the mob in America compared to the mob in Sicily, and its development. This will lead to why Italian mobs are the only ones who are romanticized by movies and media, and how only the Italian mafia is romanticized and judged by culture and not others mobs, such as the Jewish, Russian, Irish, or Asian.
2) I will be looking for research to answer these questions as further explanations of the stateda thesis. I will be using Jstor and Project Muse, along with the library and internet sources. I am very curious to find the answers for these questions and understand they all take place.
3) The research found on mafia lifestyles will help me get a better understanding to answer the questions in my topic of research. This will help prove my point in depth and give me an answer to these questions.

1 comment:

S Henkle said...

This is too general Colton--the last two sections don't give us any specific sense of what use the research will be. Before you can go on you'll need to very clearly state 1) what the questions are that you want to answer (there are in fact no questions in part 1) and 2) what sorts of research would answer those questions