Wednesday, April 2, 2008

4.02.08

As indicated on the post, the draft of the essay is due on Friday, April 4th, at 3pm. Send it to my address, and remember that I will email you back to confirm receipt. Until you get that email back, be aware that your paper has not yet been received, and can accrue lateness penalties. The very latest that I will email you back with confirmation is noon on Saturday, so if you haven't heard from me by then, contact me immediately.

As promised in the syllabus, missing the peer review causes difficulties. Those who did not attend class today or who attended but did not bring a paper will need to have a classmate (anyone willing) do a peer review of your paper before receiving comments from me. While you are in the process of getting this done, you should still turn your draft in on time, on Friday.

The peer review form is available to the right. Feel free to email the form back and forth, and have your peer reviewer type the comments directly on the document, etc. Once you have gotten a classmate to do this for you, email the document with the comments to me. Until I see at least one completed peer review on your paper, I will not comment on your draft.

Getting the comments of classmates and friends is a critical part of the writing process--your social network will be available to you as a writer long after our time together has finished.

No comments: